Essex County Council to host live web chat to get opinions on budget
ESSEX County Council will be hosting a live web chat for residents to ask questions, give their views and share opinions on this year’s budget.
The budget is set to be discussed by the council on February 22.
Before then council leader Peter Martin and deputy leader David Finch will be available to talk to residents about the issues that matter to them. The page can be accessed from essex.gov.uk/webchat from 12.30pm to 1.30pm tomorrow (Feb 11).
Cllr Martin said: “This year’s budget is going to be one of the toughest local government has experienced for a long time, and Essex County Council is facing very challenging decisions in order to meet the savings we need to make.
“It is important that we communicate with our residents and answer their questions in order to reassure them that the council will protect services as much as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Essex County Council is also encouraging residents to send us their questions via Twitter before the webchat begins. Send questions and comments to @Essex_CC
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'