Essex County Council to host live web chat to get opinions on budget
ESSEX County Council will be hosting a live web chat for residents to ask questions, give their views and share opinions on this year’s budget.
The budget is set to be discussed by the council on February 22.
Before then council leader Peter Martin and deputy leader David Finch will be available to talk to residents about the issues that matter to them. The page can be accessed from essex.gov.uk/webchat from 12.30pm to 1.30pm tomorrow (Feb 11).
Cllr Martin said: “This year’s budget is going to be one of the toughest local government has experienced for a long time, and Essex County Council is facing very challenging decisions in order to meet the savings we need to make.
“It is important that we communicate with our residents and answer their questions in order to reassure them that the council will protect services as much as possible.”
Essex County Council is also encouraging residents to send us their questions via Twitter before the webchat begins. Send questions and comments to @Essex_CC
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 4 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
- 7 Person has died on railway tracks near Newport, say police
- 8 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 9 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
- 10 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday