Essex County Council to host live web chat to get opinions on budget
ESSEX County Council will be hosting a live web chat for residents to ask questions, give their views and share opinions on this year’s budget.
The budget is set to be discussed by the council on February 22.
Before then council leader Peter Martin and deputy leader David Finch will be available to talk to residents about the issues that matter to them. The page can be accessed from essex.gov.uk/webchat from 12.30pm to 1.30pm tomorrow (Feb 11).
Cllr Martin said: “This year’s budget is going to be one of the toughest local government has experienced for a long time, and Essex County Council is facing very challenging decisions in order to meet the savings we need to make.
“It is important that we communicate with our residents and answer their questions in order to reassure them that the council will protect services as much as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Essex County Council is also encouraging residents to send us their questions via Twitter before the webchat begins. Send questions and comments to @Essex_CC
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 8 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision