Essex: Driver arrested after smash on the B184 injures four people
A MAN has been arrested following a crash in north-west Essex which left four people severely injured.The collision happened in Howlett End shortly before 2am on Sunday, September 20, when the driver of a blue BMW 728 lost control of his car as he travel
A MAN has been arrested following a crash in north-west Essex which left four people severely injured.
The collision happened in Howlett End shortly before 2am on Sunday, September 20, when the driver of a blue BMW 728 lost control of his car as he travelled along the B184 Thaxted Road and struck a hedge. He was travelling towards Thaxted from Saffron Walden.
The driver, a 34-year-old man from Wood Green in north London, was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. He is currently on police bail until Wednesday, October 14.
Another man from Wood Green, a 24-year-old, was a rear-seat passenger and two men from Eltham in south London, aged 25 and 30, were also rear-seat passengers.
You may also want to watch:
The driver and rear-seat passengers were all taken by ambulance to Cambridgeshire's Addenbrooke's Hospital after sustaining a variety of multiple injuries.
They are all currently in stable conditions.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
A front-seat passenger was also uninjured in the crash.
A section of the road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident scene. It was reopened again at 6am.
Any witnesses to the crash are urged to contact investigating officers at Dunmow Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.