Essex: Driver arrested after smash on the B184 injures four people
A MAN has been arrested following a crash in north-west Essex which left four people severely injured.The collision happened in Howlett End shortly before 2am on Sunday, September 20, when the driver of a blue BMW 728 lost control of his car as he travel
A MAN has been arrested following a crash in north-west Essex which left four people severely injured.
The collision happened in Howlett End shortly before 2am on Sunday, September 20, when the driver of a blue BMW 728 lost control of his car as he travelled along the B184 Thaxted Road and struck a hedge. He was travelling towards Thaxted from Saffron Walden.
The driver, a 34-year-old man from Wood Green in north London, was arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving. He is currently on police bail until Wednesday, October 14.
Another man from Wood Green, a 24-year-old, was a rear-seat passenger and two men from Eltham in south London, aged 25 and 30, were also rear-seat passengers.
You may also want to watch:
The driver and rear-seat passengers were all taken by ambulance to Cambridgeshire's Addenbrooke's Hospital after sustaining a variety of multiple injuries.
They are all currently in stable conditions.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
A front-seat passenger was also uninjured in the crash.
A section of the road was closed while emergency services dealt with the incident scene. It was reopened again at 6am.
Any witnesses to the crash are urged to contact investigating officers at Dunmow Road Policing Unit on 0300 333 4444.