Essex farmers a-tractor lot of attention
YOUNG farmers, who pulled a tractor from Ashdon to Saffron Walden, have raised almost �1000 for charity.
Setting off at 7am on Saturday, it took members of Ashdon and Saffron Walden Young Farmers Club, pictured, less than two hours to pull the 1960s Massey Ferguson tractor almost four miles.
Club chairman, Alex Baines, said: “The route taken to Saffron Walden was going to be along Ashdon Road, but due to the roadworks a diversion was taken down Elizabeth Way and back up Hollyhock Road and then along the top of the Common.
“Once we arrived in the Market Square at 8.45am we were inundated with people commenting about the pull, having seen us along the route.”
The tractor pull was organised to raise money for the Carver Barracks Injured Soldiers Fund and Help For Heroes, as well as the Young Farmers Club.
You may also want to watch:
“Our members did a great job collecting money on the day, raising just shy of �1000 from the market goers who were impressed by our achievement,” said Mr Baines.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital