Essex farmers a-tractor lot of attention
YOUNG farmers, who pulled a tractor from Ashdon to Saffron Walden, have raised almost �1000 for charity.
Setting off at 7am on Saturday, it took members of Ashdon and Saffron Walden Young Farmers Club, pictured, less than two hours to pull the 1960s Massey Ferguson tractor almost four miles.
Club chairman, Alex Baines, said: “The route taken to Saffron Walden was going to be along Ashdon Road, but due to the roadworks a diversion was taken down Elizabeth Way and back up Hollyhock Road and then along the top of the Common.
“Once we arrived in the Market Square at 8.45am we were inundated with people commenting about the pull, having seen us along the route.”
The tractor pull was organised to raise money for the Carver Barracks Injured Soldiers Fund and Help For Heroes, as well as the Young Farmers Club.
You may also want to watch:
“Our members did a great job collecting money on the day, raising just shy of �1000 from the market goers who were impressed by our achievement,” said Mr Baines.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 6 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand