Essex farmers a-tractor lot of attention
YOUNG farmers, who pulled a tractor from Ashdon to Saffron Walden, have raised almost �1000 for charity.
Setting off at 7am on Saturday, it took members of Ashdon and Saffron Walden Young Farmers Club, pictured, less than two hours to pull the 1960s Massey Ferguson tractor almost four miles.
Club chairman, Alex Baines, said: “The route taken to Saffron Walden was going to be along Ashdon Road, but due to the roadworks a diversion was taken down Elizabeth Way and back up Hollyhock Road and then along the top of the Common.
“Once we arrived in the Market Square at 8.45am we were inundated with people commenting about the pull, having seen us along the route.”
The tractor pull was organised to raise money for the Carver Barracks Injured Soldiers Fund and Help For Heroes, as well as the Young Farmers Club.
You may also want to watch:
“Our members did a great job collecting money on the day, raising just shy of �1000 from the market goers who were impressed by our achievement,” said Mr Baines.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold