Essex: Final preparations for the Tour de France
- Credit: Getty Images
There is just a week to go until the Tour de France comes to Essex and final preparations are taking place to make the event a success.
Bunting and banners have been put up in the towns and villages along the route, while signs have gone up reminding about road closures and parking restrictions.
Final assessments of the route are being carried out while the organisers are making their final checks to ensure the event runs smoothly.
Cllr Ann Naylor, cabinet member for public health and wellbeing, said: “While we are making final preparations it is also really important that members of the public are too
“I’d encourage everyone to ensure they know when the roads close in their area and how they will be affected.
You may also want to watch:
“Roads around the county will be busy and there will also be disruption to some public transport so it is really important to get all the information you need and plan ahead.
“If you have to work on the day have you made arrangements to work at home, or if you are a business have you got your business continuity plan in place?
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 6 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
“The Tour de France coming to Essex is going to be the most exciting day of the year and we want people to make the most of it.”
Information is available at LeTourEssex.com or follow @LeTourEssex for live Twitter updates.