Essex: Final preparations for the Tour de France
- Credit: Getty Images
There is just a week to go until the Tour de France comes to Essex and final preparations are taking place to make the event a success.
Bunting and banners have been put up in the towns and villages along the route, while signs have gone up reminding about road closures and parking restrictions.
Final assessments of the route are being carried out while the organisers are making their final checks to ensure the event runs smoothly.
Cllr Ann Naylor, cabinet member for public health and wellbeing, said: “While we are making final preparations it is also really important that members of the public are too
“I’d encourage everyone to ensure they know when the roads close in their area and how they will be affected.
“Roads around the county will be busy and there will also be disruption to some public transport so it is really important to get all the information you need and plan ahead.
“If you have to work on the day have you made arrangements to work at home, or if you are a business have you got your business continuity plan in place?
- 1 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 2 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 3 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 4 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 5 Saffron Walden seal first win of EAPL season at Frinton
- 6 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
- 7 Voting together: Lib Dems and Greens join forces
- 8 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 9 SWCC girls U13 come close to victory
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
“The Tour de France coming to Essex is going to be the most exciting day of the year and we want people to make the most of it.”
Information is available at LeTourEssex.com or follow @LeTourEssex for live Twitter updates.