Essex fire service seeking volunteers
A FIRE service is looking for volunteers to help them spread the word about fire safety in the community. Essex County Fire and Rescue Service (ECFRS) has launched a new initiative called Activ8 which could potentially save lives. Consultation and engagem
A FIRE service is looking for volunteers to help them spread the word about fire safety in the community.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service (ECFRS) has launched a new initiative called Activ8 which could potentially save lives.
Consultation and engagement manager for ECFRS, Lisa Hart, said: "Activ8 will help the Service engage with our communities and ensure that they can have their say in how we work to help them."
Volunteers will be invited to attend a regular meeting where they will be briefed on current initiatives, campaigns and safety news.
You may also want to watch:
They will then be able to share the information with their community, noting any feedback and comments and reporting these back to the group at the next meeting. Volunteers may also have the opportunity to assist at fire station open days and with ECFRS's interactive road safety reduction initiative Community Wheels.
- 1 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 7 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 8 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 9 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 10 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash