Essex: Five men arrested in connection with burglaries
FIVE men – three from the Reporter area - have been arrested on suspicion of burglaries in the Braintree district.
A 21-year-old Uttlesford man, a 20-year-old Stansted man, a 17-year-old Stansted boy, and an 18-year-old man, were arrested on December 17 and have been bailed until January 29 pending further inquiries.
Another man, a 27-year-old from Braintree, was arrested on December 27 on suspicion of burglary, possession of a Class A drug, and possession of a Class B drug. He has been bailed to return to Braintree police station on March 31.
Between October 11 and December 21, there have been 13 pub burglaries and seven attempted pub burglaries in Braintree and Maldon districts.
The majority have been forced entry overnight. The total value of the items stolen is around �18,400, and consists primarily of cash stolen from fruit machines, safes, tills and private areas of public houses.
You may also want to watch:
Braintree district commander, Chief Insp Nick Lee, said: “We are aware of an emerging trend where pubs and other commercial premises are being broken into overnight and cash is being taken.
“We are investigating these as linked crimes and would urge all publicans and shop staff to be absolutely vigilant about security and to avoid leaving cash in tills overnight.”
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 6 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 7 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
Anyone with information about the burglaries should contact Ds Angela McGorrell at Braintree CID on 0300 333 4444.