Essex grandfather dies in car crash
A MANUDEN grandfather has been killed in a car crash over the bank holiday weekend.
David Mackenzie, of The Street, died at Harlow’s Princess Alexandra Hospital on Sunday morning (May 1) following the collision at Hazel End in Farnham at about 4.30pm on Saturday.
His wife Pauline said: “David was a dearly loved husband, father, grandfather, devoted family man and friend to everybody that knew him.
“David supported Norwich City Football Club and he also had interest in steam and model railways.
“All the family members will miss David greatly.”
Police are investigating and any witnesses to the incident are asked to contact Dunmow’s roads policing team on 0300 333 4444.
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: The inaugural Santa Dash around Saffron Walden
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 6 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Walking Football launches in Walden
- 9 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 10 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns