Essex greyhound racing track aims to beat the recession
GREYHOUND racing fans in Essex have been offered a reprieve from the recession with a night out for just 1p by bosses at Harlow Stadium. The stadium has announced the return of its popular 1p Meal Deal which allows adults entry to the track plus a meal fr
GREYHOUND racing fans in Essex have been offered a reprieve from the recession with a night out for just 1p by bosses at Harlow Stadium.
The stadium has announced the return of its popular 1p Meal Deal which allows adults entry to the track plus a meal from its fast food outlet for just a penny.
A night at the dogs has grown in popularity in recent years and particularly during the recession - it is now the UK's third most popular spectator sport.
General manager, Chris Page, said: "A night at the dogs has always been a great night out and great value. People can choose how they experience their evening according to their budget, from the trackside thrills of the racing for just a small entry fee, right up to our excellent restaurant deals. Private parties or corporate groups can enjoy their evening in a private executive box."
You may also want to watch:
"The 1p Meal Deal is our way of offering a cheap night out for anyone who is either feeling the pinch, or just prefers to save money where they can. We ran a similar promotion earlier in the year which proved very popular."
Up to four adults are able to use one 1p Meal Deal voucher and children accompanying adults will be admitted free of charge. Vouchers can be downloaded online at 1pmealdeal.com or www.harlowgreyhounds.co.uk.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital