Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust announced as Stansted Airport charity partner
- Credit: Archant
STAFF at Stansted Airport have chosen the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust as the hub’s charity partner for 2013.
Throughout the year, staff will be involved in a number of events to raise funds and awareness for the charity that provides a free life-saving Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) for Essex and Hertfordshire.
Nick Barton, the airport’s managing director, said: “By supporting the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust we will play our part in saving lives of people who live in our region. Having a charity partner provides a strong focus to the airport’s fundraising efforts, offers staff volunteering opportunities and helps us play a critical role in supporting good causes in our local community.”
Helena Morgan, the Trust’s fundraising manager, said the organisation had already planned a programme of events, activities and staff volunteering projects at the airport.
Airport staff raised over £12,000 for 2012 charity partner, Panathlon Challenge. The Essex based charity, which organises sporting competitions for disabled youngsters, put on various fundraising activities throughout the year, including a special mini Paralympic Games in the terminal building.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about the Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust, visit ehaat.uk.com.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal