Essex homeowners can earn money by renting out their homes during the London 2012 Olympics
UTTLESFORD could strike gold in the London Olympics 2012 rush by renting out their properties, says a Stansted-based lettings agency.
Property will be in great demand for the world’s biggest sporting event and, with good links to London from Audley End and Newport stations, the area is ideally placed to cash in.
Managing director of Airport Lettings Stansted, Terry Farthing, says homeowners could make thousands of pounds by renting their properties to sponsors, media employees and spectators of the Games who will all need somewhere to stay.
He said: “This is your chance to enjoy a ‘Wimbledon’ moment and cash in on your home for a few weeks. At the Vancouver winter Olympics some homeowners were charging �5000 a week for an average four-bedroom house and there is no reason why Essex locals can’t make that and more.”
For a one-off fee of �175, Airport Lettings will advertise and market your home and offer advice on the rental process where required. Many people have already signed up.
You may also want to watch:
“Any homeowner can apply. Whatever size and type of property you have we will consider it,” said Mr Farthing.
Chairman of Stansted Chamber of Commerce Julie Budden said: “Terry is helping to bring business to the area. This is a great opportunity for many people and local businesses to ensure they can all be winners at the Olympics.”
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 3 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 6 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 7 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 8 Care home chef Ben Morris shortlisted for award
- 9 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
And former director of communications at BAA London Stansted, Ashley Riley, said that Airport Lettings is perfectly placed to help locals take advantage of the opportunities the 2012 Games will bring to the area.
“The service it provides is a personal and professional one. I have no doubts they will provide the very best for what people need; London 2012 is a time that people from across the UK, Europe and the World will be welcomed to the UK,” he said.
If you are interested in registering your property contact Airport Lettings on 01279 661555 or visit olympics2012rentals.com