Essex homeowners can earn money by renting out their homes during the London 2012 Olympics
UTTLESFORD could strike gold in the London Olympics 2012 rush by renting out their properties, says a Stansted-based lettings agency.
Property will be in great demand for the world’s biggest sporting event and, with good links to London from Audley End and Newport stations, the area is ideally placed to cash in.
Managing director of Airport Lettings Stansted, Terry Farthing, says homeowners could make thousands of pounds by renting their properties to sponsors, media employees and spectators of the Games who will all need somewhere to stay.
He said: “This is your chance to enjoy a ‘Wimbledon’ moment and cash in on your home for a few weeks. At the Vancouver winter Olympics some homeowners were charging �5000 a week for an average four-bedroom house and there is no reason why Essex locals can’t make that and more.”
For a one-off fee of �175, Airport Lettings will advertise and market your home and offer advice on the rental process where required. Many people have already signed up.
You may also want to watch:
“Any homeowner can apply. Whatever size and type of property you have we will consider it,” said Mr Farthing.
Chairman of Stansted Chamber of Commerce Julie Budden said: “Terry is helping to bring business to the area. This is a great opportunity for many people and local businesses to ensure they can all be winners at the Olympics.”
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 7 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 8 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 9 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 10 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
And former director of communications at BAA London Stansted, Ashley Riley, said that Airport Lettings is perfectly placed to help locals take advantage of the opportunities the 2012 Games will bring to the area.
“The service it provides is a personal and professional one. I have no doubts they will provide the very best for what people need; London 2012 is a time that people from across the UK, Europe and the World will be welcomed to the UK,” he said.
If you are interested in registering your property contact Airport Lettings on 01279 661555 or visit olympics2012rentals.com