Essex Legacy Walk in Stansted
A TOTAL of 15 walkers braved the testing conditions on the Saffron Walden Legacy Walk earlier this month.
If you are ready for a challenge, then join the next walk in Stansted on Sunday August 12. Details are available on the Uttlesford District Council website at uttlesford.gov.uk/legacywalks
The walk will start from Stansted Romeera Leisure Centre, Forest Hall Road, Stansted at 10am, with registration from 9.30am.
Earlier this year, Uttlesford District Council teamed up with the Essex Legacy Team at the county council for the ‘Walking Your Way to the Games’ initiative.
Stansted is the fourth of five scenic walks which started in May, with the idea of improving the fitness of those taking part and tied into increasing interest in the Olympic Games.
You may also want to watch:
Participants receive a colour-coded Essex Legacy badge for each walk they complete but people can do as few or as many of these walks as they like.
For more information, contact Paul Goddard on 01799 510585 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal