Essex Legacy Walk in Stansted
A TOTAL of 15 walkers braved the testing conditions on the Saffron Walden Legacy Walk earlier this month.
If you are ready for a challenge, then join the next walk in Stansted on Sunday August 12. Details are available on the Uttlesford District Council website at uttlesford.gov.uk/legacywalks
The walk will start from Stansted Romeera Leisure Centre, Forest Hall Road, Stansted at 10am, with registration from 9.30am.
Earlier this year, Uttlesford District Council teamed up with the Essex Legacy Team at the county council for the ‘Walking Your Way to the Games’ initiative.
Stansted is the fourth of five scenic walks which started in May, with the idea of improving the fitness of those taking part and tied into increasing interest in the Olympic Games.
You may also want to watch:
Participants receive a colour-coded Essex Legacy badge for each walk they complete but people can do as few or as many of these walks as they like.
For more information, contact Paul Goddard on 01799 510585 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings