ESSEX: Let the battle commence at Cressing Temple – book now and save 50 per cent
CELEBRATE England s patron saint and watch history come to life during Cressing Temple s spectacular St George s Joust. On Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 April you will witness the Black Knight galloping into Cressing Temple, near Braintree, ready to challenge
CELEBRATE England's patron saint and watch history come to life during Cressing Temple's spectacular St George's Joust.
On Saturday 24 and Sunday 25 April you will witness the Black Knight galloping into Cressing Temple, near Braintree, ready to challenge his nemesis in a show stopping six horse joust - a stunning display of horsemanship, skill and sheer nerve.
Organisers have also announced a new Eagle and Vulture Show. During the breathtaking display you will come within inches of some of the most awe-inspiring birds in the world including Sydney the Bald Eagle, Ernie the Eagle Owl, Dyson the Griffon Vulture and the largest eagle in the world, Spike the Steller's Sea Eagle.
If that wasn't enough, throughout the day there will be a host of activities to keep the whole family entertained including warfare through the ages, medieval living history demonstrations, live music and storytelling. You can also take in the remarkable surroundings, including two of the finest Templar barns in Europe and a beautiful Tudor walled garden.
You may also want to watch:
To complete your medieval experience you can join in on the Saturday night for a medieval banquet featuring a two course meal, entertainment, jesters and a horseback Knight. The medieval banquet is �25 per person (pre booking essential).
Booking lines are now open - a 50 per cent discount is currently being offered on all joust tickets pre-booked before the end of March and 15 per cent discount in April.
- 1 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 2 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 3 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 4 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 7 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 8 Council leader 'will not seek re-election'
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
Book now on 0845 603 7624. Cost: adult �10, child �5, family �25 (two adults and two children).
For more information www.cressingtemple.org.uk
Cressing Temple is located in Witham Road, Cressing, Nr Braintree, Essex CM77 8PD.