Essex libraries welcomes decision for wider access to services
ESSEX Libraries has welcomed a decision which is set to give people wider access to library services and make them easier to use. The announcement from the Society of Chief Libraries (SCL) means that membership of any local library service entitles any cu
ESSEX Libraries has welcomed a decision which is set to give people wider access to library services and make them easier to use.
The announcement from the Society of Chief Libraries (SCL) means that membership of any local library service entitles any customer to use other public library services in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
In addition, the SCL has announced the simplification of membership processes, meaning that anyone can join a library service with, at the most, just one official document providing proof of identity and address.
Cabinet member for adults, health and community wellbeing, Cllr David Finch, said: "In Essex we believe that access to our library facilities should be made as easy as possible for all people.
You may also want to watch:
"For sometime now we have had measures in place to make joining procedures as easy as possible; we are thrilled to see these processes being followed on a national scale and to see that once again our libraries are at the forefront of such new initiatives."
For more information about your local library, opening hours and the services available visit www.essex.gov.uk/libraries.
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 3 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 4 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 5 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 6 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 7 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 8 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 9 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 10 Film festival to screen heart-warming movie as part of online series