Essex libraries welcomes decision for wider access to services
ESSEX Libraries has welcomed a decision which is set to give people wider access to library services and make them easier to use. The announcement from the Society of Chief Libraries (SCL) means that membership of any local library service entitles any cu
ESSEX Libraries has welcomed a decision which is set to give people wider access to library services and make them easier to use.
The announcement from the Society of Chief Libraries (SCL) means that membership of any local library service entitles any customer to use other public library services in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
In addition, the SCL has announced the simplification of membership processes, meaning that anyone can join a library service with, at the most, just one official document providing proof of identity and address.
Cabinet member for adults, health and community wellbeing, Cllr David Finch, said: "In Essex we believe that access to our library facilities should be made as easy as possible for all people.
You may also want to watch:
"For sometime now we have had measures in place to make joining procedures as easy as possible; we are thrilled to see these processes being followed on a national scale and to see that once again our libraries are at the forefront of such new initiatives."
For more information about your local library, opening hours and the services available visit www.essex.gov.uk/libraries.
- 1 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 2 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 3 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 4 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 New outreach Post Office for community
- 7 New interim chief executive for district council
- 8 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
- 9 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 10 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier