Essex libraries welcomes decision for wider access to services
ESSEX Libraries has welcomed a decision which is set to give people wider access to library services and make them easier to use. The announcement from the Society of Chief Libraries (SCL) means that membership of any local library service entitles any cu
ESSEX Libraries has welcomed a decision which is set to give people wider access to library services and make them easier to use.
The announcement from the Society of Chief Libraries (SCL) means that membership of any local library service entitles any customer to use other public library services in England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
In addition, the SCL has announced the simplification of membership processes, meaning that anyone can join a library service with, at the most, just one official document providing proof of identity and address.
Cabinet member for adults, health and community wellbeing, Cllr David Finch, said: "In Essex we believe that access to our library facilities should be made as easy as possible for all people.
You may also want to watch:
"For sometime now we have had measures in place to make joining procedures as easy as possible; we are thrilled to see these processes being followed on a national scale and to see that once again our libraries are at the forefront of such new initiatives."
For more information about your local library, opening hours and the services available visit www.essex.gov.uk/libraries.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 10 Dramatic pictures show extent of three north-west Essex farm fires