ESSEX: M11 motorway closed from Junction 8 due to fire
A LANE of the M11 in Essex is closed after cars on a transporter lorry caught fire causing chaos in the rush hour traffic this morning (Thursday). The road is shut from junction eight northbound is affecting the Stansted to Saffron Walden area. A fire se
A LANE of the M11 in Essex is closed after cars on a transporter lorry caught fire causing chaos in the rush hour traffic this morning (Thursday).
The road is shut from junction eight northbound is affecting the Stansted to Saffron Walden area.
A fire service spokesman said three of 11 vehicles on the transporter were well alight and crews are trying to stop the flames from spreading.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area due to long tailbacks and heavy congestion.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus are using two hose reels to put out a blaze involving three vehicles on the back of the transporter.
At 8:06am the incident commander reported that the three vehicles were well alight.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
Fire crews from Newport, Stansted, Saffron Walden and Thaxted are attending the scene.