ESSEX: M11 motorway closed from Junction 8 due to fire
A LANE of the M11 in Essex is closed after cars on a transporter lorry caught fire causing chaos in the rush hour traffic this morning (Thursday). The road is shut from junction eight northbound is affecting the Stansted to Saffron Walden area. A fire se
A LANE of the M11 in Essex is closed after cars on a transporter lorry caught fire causing chaos in the rush hour traffic this morning (Thursday).
The road is shut from junction eight northbound is affecting the Stansted to Saffron Walden area.
A fire service spokesman said three of 11 vehicles on the transporter were well alight and crews are trying to stop the flames from spreading.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area due to long tailbacks and heavy congestion.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus are using two hose reels to put out a blaze involving three vehicles on the back of the transporter.
At 8:06am the incident commander reported that the three vehicles were well alight.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 7 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 10 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
Fire crews from Newport, Stansted, Saffron Walden and Thaxted are attending the scene.