ESSEX: M11 motorway closed from Junction 8 due to fire
A LANE of the M11 in Essex is closed after cars on a transporter lorry caught fire causing chaos in the rush hour traffic this morning (Thursday). The road is shut from junction eight northbound is affecting the Stansted to Saffron Walden area. A fire se
A LANE of the M11 in Essex is closed after cars on a transporter lorry caught fire causing chaos in the rush hour traffic this morning (Thursday).
The road is shut from junction eight northbound is affecting the Stansted to Saffron Walden area.
A fire service spokesman said three of 11 vehicles on the transporter were well alight and crews are trying to stop the flames from spreading.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area due to long tailbacks and heavy congestion.
You may also want to watch:
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus are using two hose reels to put out a blaze involving three vehicles on the back of the transporter.
At 8:06am the incident commander reported that the three vehicles were well alight.
- 1 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 7 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 8 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 9 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 10 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
Fire crews from Newport, Stansted, Saffron Walden and Thaxted are attending the scene.