ESSEX: M11 motorway closed from Junction 8 due to fire
A LANE of the M11 in Essex is closed after cars on a transporter lorry caught fire causing chaos in the rush hour traffic this morning (Thursday). The road is shut from junction eight northbound is affecting the Stansted to Saffron Walden area. A fire se
A LANE of the M11 in Essex is closed after cars on a transporter lorry caught fire causing chaos in the rush hour traffic this morning (Thursday).
The road is shut from junction eight northbound is affecting the Stansted to Saffron Walden area.
A fire service spokesman said three of 11 vehicles on the transporter were well alight and crews are trying to stop the flames from spreading.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area due to long tailbacks and heavy congestion.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus are using two hose reels to put out a blaze involving three vehicles on the back of the transporter.
At 8:06am the incident commander reported that the three vehicles were well alight.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 8 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
Fire crews from Newport, Stansted, Saffron Walden and Thaxted are attending the scene.