Essex man, 42, arrested in connection with Hatton Garden jewellery heist
- Credit: Archant
Detectives from the Flying Squad have arrested a man in Essex in connection with the Hatton Garden jewellery heist.
A 42-year-old British man was arrested at 9.40am today on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle.
The Metropolitan Police will not reveal a more specific location for “operational reasons”.
The man has been taken to a London police station for questioning.
Eight men have been charged in connection with the heist, and are due to appear before magistrates in the capital today.
You may also want to watch:
The raid, over the Easter weekend, saw 56 safety deposit boxes stolen from the Hatton Garden Safe Deposit Ltd vault with jewellery believed to be worth £200million stolen from the heart of London’s jewellery district.
- 1 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 2 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 3 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 4 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 5 Linton pupils join 362,000-strong school choir
- 6 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 7 New interim chief executive for district council
- 8 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 9 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 10 'Children need a place to play' say residents in council homes debate