Essex man, 42, arrested in connection with Hatton Garden jewellery heist
- Credit: Archant
Detectives from the Flying Squad have arrested a man in Essex in connection with the Hatton Garden jewellery heist.
A 42-year-old British man was arrested at 9.40am today on suspicion of conspiracy to burgle.
The Metropolitan Police will not reveal a more specific location for “operational reasons”.
The man has been taken to a London police station for questioning.
Eight men have been charged in connection with the heist, and are due to appear before magistrates in the capital today.
You may also want to watch:
The raid, over the Easter weekend, saw 56 safety deposit boxes stolen from the Hatton Garden Safe Deposit Ltd vault with jewellery believed to be worth £200million stolen from the heart of London’s jewellery district.
- 1 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 7 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road