Essex: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following stabbing in Saffron Walden
A 42-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following the stabbing of a man in Saffron Walden.
The incident happened at 9.30pm last night (Monday). Police were called to Gibson Close following reports that a man had been stabbed in the chest.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge where he is being treated for a puncture wound to the chest. A police spokesman said the man is in a “critical but stable condition”.
A police helicopter was used to search for the suspect, a local man, who was later arrested in Littlebury at around 2.15am this morning on suspicion of attempted murder.
The Reporter has received unconfirmed reports of officers carrying out vehicle stop-checks, and armed police, in the Gibson Close and Thaxted Road areas of the town last night.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow...
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 6 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 9 Temporary council chief costing more than £1,000 per day
- 10 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime