Essex: Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following stabbing in Saffron Walden
A 42-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following the stabbing of a man in Saffron Walden.
The incident happened at 9.30pm last night (Monday). Police were called to Gibson Close following reports that a man had been stabbed in the chest.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Addenbrookes Hospital in Cambridge where he is being treated for a puncture wound to the chest. A police spokesman said the man is in a “critical but stable condition”.
A police helicopter was used to search for the suspect, a local man, who was later arrested in Littlebury at around 2.15am this morning on suspicion of attempted murder.
The Reporter has received unconfirmed reports of officers carrying out vehicle stop-checks, and armed police, in the Gibson Close and Thaxted Road areas of the town last night.
You may also want to watch:
More to follow...
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 3 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 4 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 5 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 6 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 7 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 8 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 9 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 10 Film festival to screen heart-warming movie as part of online series