ESSEX: Man suffers burns injuries after fire breaks out at Audley End Airfield
A 57-YEAR-OLD man suffered burns to his arms and neck after fire broke out in a hangar at Audley End Airfield. Seven fire appliances – the routine attendance for the airfield – were sent to the scene at 3.38pm today (Monday March 15). The alarm was raised
A 57-YEAR-OLD man suffered burns to his arms and neck after fire broke out in a hangar at Audley End Airfield.
Seven fire appliances - the routine attendance for the airfield - were sent to the scene at 3.38pm today (Monday March 15).
The alarm was raised when a fire broke out in an industrial spray booth in a hangar.
The fire was out when firefighters arrived at the scene. They used a thermal image camera to check the fire was completely extinguished within ventilation ducts before leaving the scene at around 4.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
The man was left in care of the ambulance service.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Town council backs new support club
- 9 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford