ESSEX: Man suffers burns injuries after fire breaks out at Audley End Airfield
A 57-YEAR-OLD man suffered burns to his arms and neck after fire broke out in a hangar at Audley End Airfield. Seven fire appliances – the routine attendance for the airfield – were sent to the scene at 3.38pm today (Monday March 15). The alarm was raised
A 57-YEAR-OLD man suffered burns to his arms and neck after fire broke out in a hangar at Audley End Airfield.
Seven fire appliances - the routine attendance for the airfield - were sent to the scene at 3.38pm today (Monday March 15).
The alarm was raised when a fire broke out in an industrial spray booth in a hangar.
The fire was out when firefighters arrived at the scene. They used a thermal image camera to check the fire was completely extinguished within ventilation ducts before leaving the scene at around 4.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
The man was left in care of the ambulance service.
- 1 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 2 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 3 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 6 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 7 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive