ESSEX: Man suffers burns injuries after fire breaks out at Audley End Airfield
A 57-YEAR-OLD man suffered burns to his arms and neck after fire broke out in a hangar at Audley End Airfield. Seven fire appliances – the routine attendance for the airfield – were sent to the scene at 3.38pm today (Monday March 15). The alarm was raised
A 57-YEAR-OLD man suffered burns to his arms and neck after fire broke out in a hangar at Audley End Airfield.
Seven fire appliances - the routine attendance for the airfield - were sent to the scene at 3.38pm today (Monday March 15).
The alarm was raised when a fire broke out in an industrial spray booth in a hangar.
The fire was out when firefighters arrived at the scene. They used a thermal image camera to check the fire was completely extinguished within ventilation ducts before leaving the scene at around 4.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
The man was left in care of the ambulance service.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision