ESSEX: New-look business forum aims to make networking easy
A NEW-LOOK business forum is offering its members more opportunities to meet potential clients and build better working relationships with other companies in Saffron Walden.
The Saffron Walden Business Forum (SWBF) has re-launched and is planning to kick-off a programme of activities with a networking event in September.
Chairman Richard Swain said: “We are going to be giving businesses in Saffron Walden more of what they want, and that means providing opportunities to work together.
“There are very few opportunities in the town where business people can come together and build new working relationships, so hopefully the forum can play a part in making this happen.
“Saffron Walden has a lot of different businesses, all with very different needs, and if we can get them together then goods things can come from it.”
You may also want to watch:
The first event to be organised by the new-look business forum will be an autumn networking lunch being held at Dish in King Street from noon to 2pm on Monday September 20. Mr Swain said that the initial response to the event had been very positive and places were booking up quickly.
The network lunch costs �15 for business forum members and �20 for non-members. The price includes a two-course lunch with a glass of wine.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
Ambitious plans by SWBF also include the Saffron Walden Business Expo which will be held on Wednesday March 23, 2011. The forum says it will be a unique opportunity for local companies to showcase their products and services to a wide range of potential customers all under one roof.
To be held at Nucleus in Chesterford Research Park, the event will have guest speakers, seminars, workshops and networking opportunities. The business expo will be free to enter and there are sponsorship packages available from �2500.
Other projects currently being run by SWBF include the Loyalty Card Scheme which gives special offers to people who shop in Saffron Walden. For more information visit saffronwaldenloyalty.co.uk.
For information about joining the SWBF or details about the networking event or business expo, contact membership coordinator Louise Oliver on 01799 544905 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org