ESSEX: NHS stalwart says farewell
AN NHS stalwart from Saffron Walden was the toast of her colleagues when she bid farewell after a career spanning 34 years. Janice Goggin has always worked in the Uttlesford area since joining the NHS in 1976.
AN NHS stalwart from Saffron Walden was the toast of her colleagues when she bid farewell after a career spanning 34 years.
Janice Goggin has always worked in the Uttlesford area since joining the NHS in 1976 as a nursing auxiliary on Curlew Ward at what was then St James's Hospital in Radwinter Road, Saffron Walden.
She remained there for about ten years before working for the carers organisation Uttlesford Crossroads, later returning to the hospital, and working across Curlew Ward, district nursing and the Marie Curie cancer care service.
In 1990, Mrs Goggin joined the district nursing team based in Great Dunmow and has worked there ever since. At the same time she has also supported the evening service based at Saffron Walden Community Hospital and covering the whole of Uttlesford.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Goggin, who lives in Saffron Walden, said she had seen many changes over the years and had always enjoyed the variety of her job.
"Most of all I have enjoyed meeting people, both patients and colleagues," she said. "The people I have worked with have been fantastic. They are really dedicated and work so hard."
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'
- 10 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
Mrs Goggin and her husband have a keen interest in dog agility and she now plans to devote more time to this as well as looking after her grandchildren.