Essex Police and Essex Police Authority seek views on public services
ESSEX Police is undergoing a major change programme in order to save money whilst “continuing to provide a first class service to the public”.
The force will become one of the first to switch to the national police non-emergency telephone number. From July members of the public will be able to contact Essex Police with a non-emergency by calling 101. Other forces will also be joining this service throughout the year.
During June and early July, Essex Police and Essex Police Authority will be asking for public opinions on the changes.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Your views are extremely important to Essex Police and Essex Police Authority.
“We would be grateful if you could take time to complete a survey. Your answers will help to shape the future of policing in Essex.”
You may also want to watch:
The survey cane be accessed at essex.police.uk/survey
Alternatively you can speak to staff at one of the ‘Have Your Say’ events (in Uttlesford and Braintree) listed below:
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
• Halstead market, Market Hill, Halstead, Friday June 17 between 9am and 3pm
• Freeport Shopping Village, Charter Way, Braintree, Tuesday June 21 between 10am and 2pm
• Morrisons supermarket, Braintree Road, Witham, Monday July 11 between 10am and 4pm
• Saffron Walden market, Market Square, Saffron Walden, Tuesday June 7 between 9am and 3pm
• Tesco supermarket, Stortford Road, Dunmow, Monday June 13 between 10am and 4pm