Essex Police and Essex Police Authority seek views on public services
ESSEX Police is undergoing a major change programme in order to save money whilst “continuing to provide a first class service to the public”.
The force will become one of the first to switch to the national police non-emergency telephone number. From July members of the public will be able to contact Essex Police with a non-emergency by calling 101. Other forces will also be joining this service throughout the year.
During June and early July, Essex Police and Essex Police Authority will be asking for public opinions on the changes.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Your views are extremely important to Essex Police and Essex Police Authority.
“We would be grateful if you could take time to complete a survey. Your answers will help to shape the future of policing in Essex.”
You may also want to watch:
The survey cane be accessed at essex.police.uk/survey
Alternatively you can speak to staff at one of the ‘Have Your Say’ events (in Uttlesford and Braintree) listed below:
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 7 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 10 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
• Halstead market, Market Hill, Halstead, Friday June 17 between 9am and 3pm
• Freeport Shopping Village, Charter Way, Braintree, Tuesday June 21 between 10am and 2pm
• Morrisons supermarket, Braintree Road, Witham, Monday July 11 between 10am and 4pm
• Saffron Walden market, Market Square, Saffron Walden, Tuesday June 7 between 9am and 3pm
• Tesco supermarket, Stortford Road, Dunmow, Monday June 13 between 10am and 4pm