Essex Police and Essex Police Authority seek views on public services
ESSEX Police is undergoing a major change programme in order to save money whilst “continuing to provide a first class service to the public”.
The force will become one of the first to switch to the national police non-emergency telephone number. From July members of the public will be able to contact Essex Police with a non-emergency by calling 101. Other forces will also be joining this service throughout the year.
During June and early July, Essex Police and Essex Police Authority will be asking for public opinions on the changes.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: “Your views are extremely important to Essex Police and Essex Police Authority.
“We would be grateful if you could take time to complete a survey. Your answers will help to shape the future of policing in Essex.”
You may also want to watch:
The survey cane be accessed at essex.police.uk/survey
Alternatively you can speak to staff at one of the ‘Have Your Say’ events (in Uttlesford and Braintree) listed below:
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Town council backs new support club
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
• Halstead market, Market Hill, Halstead, Friday June 17 between 9am and 3pm
• Freeport Shopping Village, Charter Way, Braintree, Tuesday June 21 between 10am and 2pm
• Morrisons supermarket, Braintree Road, Witham, Monday July 11 between 10am and 4pm
• Saffron Walden market, Market Square, Saffron Walden, Tuesday June 7 between 9am and 3pm
• Tesco supermarket, Stortford Road, Dunmow, Monday June 13 between 10am and 4pm