Essex Police and partners discuss latest crime fighting initiatives
ORGANISATIONS involved in tackling crime and anti-social behaviour were in Saffron Walden Market Square today to mark Not in My Neighbourhood Week. Representatives from agencies in Uttlesford s Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership (CDRP) spent the day
ORGANISATIONS involved in tackling crime and anti-social behaviour were in Saffron Walden Market Square today to mark Not in My Neighbourhood Week.
Representatives from agencies in Uttlesford's Crime and Disorder Reduction Partnership (CDRP) spent the day speaking to members of the public on issues ranging from road safety to responsible dog ownership, while also answering any questions addressed to them by shoppers.
Visitors to the stand could pick up a broad range of information from organisations including the police and fire service, as well as officers from Essex County Council and Uttlesford District Council involved in areas such as housing, road safety, anti-social behaviour and safety services for the elderly.
UDC's Community Safety Office, Martin Ford, said: "Today was about two things: it was a chance for the CDRP to talk about the work the partnership has done over the last 12 months.
You may also want to watch:
"It's been a good year, with initiatives like Crucial Crew, the Reality Roadshow and Motorwise demonstrating just how effective partnership working can be.
"But today is also about hearing people's concerns - finding out first-hand what we could be doing to make Uttlesford even safer. By talking to members of the public we'll get an idea of what we should be focusing on over the next 12 months, enabling us to concentrate our efforts on the issues that really matter.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 8 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
"I'm sure the coming year will be just as successful as the last, and I look forward to the partnership working even more closely together to prevent crime and anti-social behaviour in Uttlesford."
Not in My Neighbourhood Week is a Home Office initiative that first took place in 2007, designed to increase awareness of and public confidence in the work of partnerships such as Uttlesford's CDRP.
The partnership's stand will be in the car park of Dunmow Tesco from 10am until 3.30pm tomorrow (Wednesday November 3). Members of the public are invited to head along to find out more about the work of the partnership.
Pictured from left, UDC Pest Control Officer Keith Hitchings, PC Simon Pomares, PC Dafydd Hughes, UDC Tenant Participation Officer Nicole Shephard-Lewis, UDC Lifeline Officer Sue Russell, Saffron Walden mayor Cllr Doug Perry and UDC Community Safety Officer Martin Ford Picture: SUBMITTED