Essex police dogs sniff out Romanian thieves at Stansted Airport
AN operation to sniff out criminals at Stansted Airport netted two arrests.Neighbourhood policing officers joined forces with their dog handling colleagues during a two-day operation to deter, prevent and detect criminal activity in and around the termin
AN operation to sniff out criminals at Stansted Airport netted two arrests.
Neighbourhood policing officers joined forces with their dog handling colleagues during a two-day operation to deter, prevent and detect criminal activity in and around the terminal building.
Neighbourhood Policing Inspector Ian Coleman said: "We have again reaped the benefits of carrying out an operation at the airport, with this particular one not only netting us a couple of thieves but also offering a furrier side of reassurance policing to passengers.
"We have also gained a wealth of information which we will use to execute similar operations in the future."
You may also want to watch:
The two men, aged in their thirties and from Romania, were handed to Thames Valley Police after being arrested on suspicion of stealing items from Berkshire.
The two-day operation began on Tuesday, October 20.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport