Essex police dogs sniff out Romanian thieves at Stansted Airport
AN operation to sniff out criminals at Stansted Airport netted two arrests.Neighbourhood policing officers joined forces with their dog handling colleagues during a two-day operation to deter, prevent and detect criminal activity in and around the termin
AN operation to sniff out criminals at Stansted Airport netted two arrests.
Neighbourhood policing officers joined forces with their dog handling colleagues during a two-day operation to deter, prevent and detect criminal activity in and around the terminal building.
Neighbourhood Policing Inspector Ian Coleman said: "We have again reaped the benefits of carrying out an operation at the airport, with this particular one not only netting us a couple of thieves but also offering a furrier side of reassurance policing to passengers.
"We have also gained a wealth of information which we will use to execute similar operations in the future."
You may also want to watch:
The two men, aged in their thirties and from Romania, were handed to Thames Valley Police after being arrested on suspicion of stealing items from Berkshire.
The two-day operation began on Tuesday, October 20.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100