Essex police dogs sniff out Romanian thieves at Stansted Airport
AN operation to sniff out criminals at Stansted Airport netted two arrests.Neighbourhood policing officers joined forces with their dog handling colleagues during a two-day operation to deter, prevent and detect criminal activity in and around the termin
AN operation to sniff out criminals at Stansted Airport netted two arrests.
Neighbourhood policing officers joined forces with their dog handling colleagues during a two-day operation to deter, prevent and detect criminal activity in and around the terminal building.
Neighbourhood Policing Inspector Ian Coleman said: "We have again reaped the benefits of carrying out an operation at the airport, with this particular one not only netting us a couple of thieves but also offering a furrier side of reassurance policing to passengers.
"We have also gained a wealth of information which we will use to execute similar operations in the future."
You may also want to watch:
The two men, aged in their thirties and from Romania, were handed to Thames Valley Police after being arrested on suspicion of stealing items from Berkshire.
The two-day operation began on Tuesday, October 20.
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 10 Creamfields Chelmsford 2022 tickets to go on sale this month