Essex police dogs sniff out Romanian thieves at Stansted Airport
AN operation to sniff out criminals at Stansted Airport netted two arrests.Neighbourhood policing officers joined forces with their dog handling colleagues during a two-day operation to deter, prevent and detect criminal activity in and around the termin
AN operation to sniff out criminals at Stansted Airport netted two arrests.
Neighbourhood policing officers joined forces with their dog handling colleagues during a two-day operation to deter, prevent and detect criminal activity in and around the terminal building.
Neighbourhood Policing Inspector Ian Coleman said: "We have again reaped the benefits of carrying out an operation at the airport, with this particular one not only netting us a couple of thieves but also offering a furrier side of reassurance policing to passengers.
"We have also gained a wealth of information which we will use to execute similar operations in the future."
You may also want to watch:
The two men, aged in their thirties and from Romania, were handed to Thames Valley Police after being arrested on suspicion of stealing items from Berkshire.
The two-day operation began on Tuesday, October 20.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections