Essex Police issue advice on keeping valuables safe after woman’s purse is stolen in Saffron Walden
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses after a woman’s purse was stolen in Saffron Walden.
At around 3pm on December 23, unknown suspects stole the purse of a woman in her 50s, from inside her handbag, which was in her trolley whilst she was shopping in Waitrose, Hill Street.
The purse contained documents, and the total estimated value of the stolen items is around �20.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about this incident to contact officers at Saffron Walden police station on 0300 3334444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Theft can happen very quickly, and you may not notice you’ve been a victim until you next have to make a purchase.
You may also want to watch:
The key things to remember to keep your valuables safe are:
• NEVER let your handbag out of your sight. Carry it in front of you – especially if you’re walking through a shop or a town centre.
- 1 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 2 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 3 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 4 Walden Wombles hold their first litter pick
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 New outreach Post Office for community
- 7 New interim chief executive for district council
- 8 Mental health trust fined following 11 deaths
- 9 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 10 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
• AVOID carrying large amounts of cash, and if your purse or wallet is in a bag, ensure that bag is securely zipped up.
• KEEP your purse or wallet safe at all times. Don’t leave it in your shopping basket, on restaurant or coffee tables, or on shop counters.