Essex Police issue advice on keeping valuables safe after woman’s purse is stolen in Saffron Walden
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses after a woman’s purse was stolen in Saffron Walden.
At around 3pm on December 23, unknown suspects stole the purse of a woman in her 50s, from inside her handbag, which was in her trolley whilst she was shopping in Waitrose, Hill Street.
The purse contained documents, and the total estimated value of the stolen items is around �20.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about this incident to contact officers at Saffron Walden police station on 0300 3334444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Theft can happen very quickly, and you may not notice you’ve been a victim until you next have to make a purchase.
The key things to remember to keep your valuables safe are:
• NEVER let your handbag out of your sight. Carry it in front of you – especially if you’re walking through a shop or a town centre.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 7 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 8 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
• AVOID carrying large amounts of cash, and if your purse or wallet is in a bag, ensure that bag is securely zipped up.
• KEEP your purse or wallet safe at all times. Don’t leave it in your shopping basket, on restaurant or coffee tables, or on shop counters.