Essex Police on Facebook
A FACEBOOK page has been launched by Essex Police to keep residents up to date with what is happening in the county.
It is one of many social media sites the force uses to engage with the public, including Twitter and You Tube.
The You Tube channel has more than 120 short videos about various operations, units and initiatives – which have been watched more than 870,000 times – while the force’s Twitter account has 14,000-plus followers.
Essex Police also posts audio clips to Audioboo, a website that allows the force to share audio recordings with the public.
Internet manager, David White, said: “Social media is a value for money way of engaging a wider audience and talking about issues with the people of Essex.
You may also want to watch:
“Combined with the website, it provides another platform from which Essex Police can communicate with residents of the county and beyond.”
For more information about Essex Police’s social media channels, visit essex.police.uk/socialmedia
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 7 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 8 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction