Essex Police on Facebook
A FACEBOOK page has been launched by Essex Police to keep residents up to date with what is happening in the county.
It is one of many social media sites the force uses to engage with the public, including Twitter and You Tube.
The You Tube channel has more than 120 short videos about various operations, units and initiatives – which have been watched more than 870,000 times – while the force’s Twitter account has 14,000-plus followers.
Essex Police also posts audio clips to Audioboo, a website that allows the force to share audio recordings with the public.
Internet manager, David White, said: “Social media is a value for money way of engaging a wider audience and talking about issues with the people of Essex.
You may also want to watch:
“Combined with the website, it provides another platform from which Essex Police can communicate with residents of the county and beyond.”
For more information about Essex Police’s social media channels, visit essex.police.uk/socialmedia
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 10 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months