Essex Police reinstate beat surgeries in Thaxted
ESSEX Police have found an alternative venue for the �regular beat surgeries in Thaxted.
As we reported some weeks ago, the surgeries were withdrawn from the Community Information Centre because of financial constraints.
However, mirroring a �partnership initiative already in place in other areas of the county, the new beat �surgeries will be held in Thaxted Library in Watling Street.
The first surgery will be held on Tuesday May 24 between 4pm and 6pm, and will then be held every �Tuesday between 4pm-6pm and Fridays between 10am-noon.
Uttlesford district commander Chief Insp Alyson Wilson said: “We are pleased to announce this new venue working in partnership with the Essex Library Service.
“Police surgeries in libraries has already been established in other areas of the county and proved to be a real success.
“Hopefully, it will demonstrate our already stated intent to the people of Thaxted that we remain committed to maintaining a visible and readily accessible policing presence in town.”
- 1 Essex A-level results 2022: Students celebrate grades
- 2 Essex fire crews tackle around 70 incidents in three-hour window after rain
- 3 Celebrity MasterChef 2022: Saffron Walden's Cliff Parisi battles Chris Eubank in kitchen contest
- 4 Newport man vows to protect river after round the world sailing trip
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 MP welcomes increase in police officers across Essex
- 8 Dance in the Square heading to Saffron Walden
- 9 Mischief Theatre's The Play That Goes Wrong will have you crying with laughter
- 10 Sully, 12, cuts hair for charity after Greggs-inspired outfit goes viral
• ARE you pleased that Thaxted will retain its police beat surgeries? E-mail us at email@example.com