Essex Police reinstate beat surgeries in Thaxted
ESSEX Police have found an alternative venue for the �regular beat surgeries in Thaxted.
As we reported some weeks ago, the surgeries were withdrawn from the Community Information Centre because of financial constraints.
However, mirroring a �partnership initiative already in place in other areas of the county, the new beat �surgeries will be held in Thaxted Library in Watling Street.
The first surgery will be held on Tuesday May 24 between 4pm and 6pm, and will then be held every �Tuesday between 4pm-6pm and Fridays between 10am-noon.
Uttlesford district commander Chief Insp Alyson Wilson said: “We are pleased to announce this new venue working in partnership with the Essex Library Service.
You may also want to watch:
“Police surgeries in libraries has already been established in other areas of the county and proved to be a real success.
“Hopefully, it will demonstrate our already stated intent to the people of Thaxted that we remain committed to maintaining a visible and readily accessible policing presence in town.”
- 1 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on June 24, 2021
- 2 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 3 In pictures: Success for Fête de la Musique 2021
- 4 Two teachers smash fundraising target in charity cycle challenge
- 5 Time to teach 'pandemic puppies' new tricks, charity says
- 6 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 7 Reader survey: Will we ever shake hands again?
- 8 Why we refer to 'a pair' of knickers
- 9 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled
- 10 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
• ARE you pleased that Thaxted will retain its police beat surgeries? E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org