Essex: Police sack 26-year-old detective after gross misconduct hearing
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police have dismissed an officer for gross misconduct.
The 26-year-old detective constable was sacked for accessing police information in June 2013 regarding a personal matter.
He was based at the force’s headquarters.
His dismissal came after an internal misconduct hearing was concluded yesterday (Thursday).
The misconduct panel, which included an independent member, was chaired by director of support services Mark Gilmartin.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We believe that the officer’s unlawful access of police information was a breach of the professional responsibilities of every police officer.
“We went on to conclude that maintaining trust and confidence in Essex Police and in individual officers is of paramount importance and, as such, dismissed him without notice.”
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 5 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 6 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 9 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 10 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures