ESSEX: Pre-school children get to see new-born lamb
IT was a special day at a pre-school when Smudge, a five-day-old lamb, and Floss the sheepdog visited the children from a farm in Hildersham. The children at Ashdon Pre-school have been looking at the topic of new life and life cycles and were very excite
IT was a special day at a pre-school when Smudge, a five-day-old lamb, and Floss the sheepdog visited the children from a farm in Hildersham.
The children at Ashdon Pre-school have been looking at the topic of new life and life cycles and were very excited to see a real lamb, just like the lamb in the story they have been reading.
Supervisor Sue Cowling said: "It was an excellent opportunity for the children to discover new challenges and to learn about how to look after animals.
"The experience also enabled them to develop knowledge and understanding of the world, their confidence and self esteem.
You may also want to watch:
"All the children felt Smudge was very friendly and found it very funny when she was interested in smelling their shoes."
The children got to watch the lamb drink milk from a bottle and ask questions about her care. One child was particularly interested in the type of milk she was drinking. Everybody got the chance to stroke Smudge to discover whether she was soft or rough.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper