ESSEX: Pre-school children get to see new-born lamb
IT was a special day at a pre-school when Smudge, a five-day-old lamb, and Floss the sheepdog visited the children from a farm in Hildersham. The children at Ashdon Pre-school have been looking at the topic of new life and life cycles and were very excite
IT was a special day at a pre-school when Smudge, a five-day-old lamb, and Floss the sheepdog visited the children from a farm in Hildersham.
The children at Ashdon Pre-school have been looking at the topic of new life and life cycles and were very excited to see a real lamb, just like the lamb in the story they have been reading.
Supervisor Sue Cowling said: "It was an excellent opportunity for the children to discover new challenges and to learn about how to look after animals.
"The experience also enabled them to develop knowledge and understanding of the world, their confidence and self esteem.
You may also want to watch:
"All the children felt Smudge was very friendly and found it very funny when she was interested in smelling their shoes."
The children got to watch the lamb drink milk from a bottle and ask questions about her care. One child was particularly interested in the type of milk she was drinking. Everybody got the chance to stroke Smudge to discover whether she was soft or rough.
- 1 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 9 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 10 Audley End apple festival is this weekend