Essex prepared for more icy weather this week
ESSEX County Council s fleet of winter gritters are prepared to keep the county s road network moving this week, with forecasts predicting the return of icy conditions. The county has already experienced exceptional weather conditions so far this winter,
ESSEX County Council's fleet of winter gritters are prepared to keep the county's road network moving this week, with forecasts predicting the return of icy conditions.
The county has already experienced exceptional weather conditions so far this winter, and the council has been able to maintain a full gritting service during this time, treating the main road network on a record number of occasions.
The government is continuing to control the national distribution of salt, and ECC has taken steps to ensure that supplies are managed carefully.
The county's fleet of winter gritters treated the county's precautionary network last night (February 8), and further operational decision will be taken on a daily basis this week, depending on forecasts and conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Cabinet member for highways and transportation, Cllr Norman Hume, said: "Our dedicated winter service remains prepared to cope with freezing weather conditions. With temperatures set to fall again this week, our fleet of gritters will be treating the main road network to make sure the county is kept moving.
"I would urge motorists and pedestrians to travel with extreme caution in icy conditions."
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 4 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 7 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 8 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 9 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
Residents can keep updated with the latest situation on the roads by following the new Essex Travel Twitter service (www.twitter.com/Essex_travel).