Essex prepared for more icy weather this week
ESSEX County Council s fleet of winter gritters are prepared to keep the county s road network moving this week, with forecasts predicting the return of icy conditions. The county has already experienced exceptional weather conditions so far this winter,
ESSEX County Council's fleet of winter gritters are prepared to keep the county's road network moving this week, with forecasts predicting the return of icy conditions.
The county has already experienced exceptional weather conditions so far this winter, and the council has been able to maintain a full gritting service during this time, treating the main road network on a record number of occasions.
The government is continuing to control the national distribution of salt, and ECC has taken steps to ensure that supplies are managed carefully.
The county's fleet of winter gritters treated the county's precautionary network last night (February 8), and further operational decision will be taken on a daily basis this week, depending on forecasts and conditions.
You may also want to watch:
Cabinet member for highways and transportation, Cllr Norman Hume, said: "Our dedicated winter service remains prepared to cope with freezing weather conditions. With temperatures set to fall again this week, our fleet of gritters will be treating the main road network to make sure the county is kept moving.
"I would urge motorists and pedestrians to travel with extreme caution in icy conditions."
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Town council backs new support club
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
Residents can keep updated with the latest situation on the roads by following the new Essex Travel Twitter service (www.twitter.com/Essex_travel).