Essex: Save over £400 with Live Local Love Local vouchers
- Credit: Archant
A campaign encouraging residents of Essex to be a visitor in their own county with the help of over £400 of discount vouchers is being launched next week.
The Live Local, Love Local booklet of vouchers offers cash off and money-saving deals at a range of attractions and pubs and restaurants across Essex.
Last year’s campaign generated just under £670,000 of business for attractions that were included in the voucher book.
The campaign is due to be launched, during English Tourism Week, at Audley End tomorrow (Friday, March 28), with the first booklets handed out at a special event at intu Lakeside shopping centre on Saturday, March 29.
Shoppers at intu Lakeside will be able to pick up their voucher books and enter a competition to win a £500 intu Lakeside gift card.
Voucher books will then be available from March 31 at tourist information centres, libraries, visitor attractions, hotels and B&Bs as well as restaurants.
They are already available to download from visitessex.com/livelocal
- 1 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 2 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 3 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 'No barbecues' urge firefighters amid dry weather in north-west Essex
- 5 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 6 Driving ban and unpaid work for Stansted man who punched police officers
- 7 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 8 Walden Bikers break fundraising record at eighth birthday gathering
- 9 Set times for The Bootleg Beatles and From The Jam's Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 10 Author AJ Campbell to publish fourth novel
The ‘Live Local, Love Local’ campaign, run by Visit Essex, is part of the national campaign English Tourism Week spearheaded by VisitEngland. It aims to celebrate the benefits the tourism industry brings to the local economy and to support the industry.
Cllr Sue Lissimore, Essex County Council deputy cabinet member for economic growth and infrastructure, said: “We want to improve awareness among local people about what Essex has to offer as a visitor destination, the experiences they can enjoy on their doorstep, and to increase their sense of civic pride.
“Last year’s campaign was a great success, boosting the county’s visitor attractions by over £670,000. I am delighted that the Council was able to encourage people to spend their money in Essex so successfully.”
George Kieffer, chairman of Visit Essex said: “Our aim at Visit Essex is to promote tourism, increase visitor numbers, and generate income for Essex tourism and hospitality businesses.
“The ‘Live Local, Love Local’ campaign is a great example of how we support our local businesses in order to attract more customers while offering Essex residents great days out for a little less.
“This year our businesses are offering more discounts than ever giving visitors savings of over £400. We are delighted that Audley End House and Gardens is participating in this promotion alongside Ingatestone Hall, Hedingham Castle, Colne Valley Railway, Marsh Farm and many more with two for one offers.”