Essex school places up for grabs
SCHOOL places are now up for grabs after Essex County Council opened its admission program for youngsters starting in September 2011.
The council is encouraging parents to utilise the tools on its admissions website to ensure they select the right school for their child.
Application dates have now been set, and parents and carers must apply between November 8 2010 and January 15 2011 for primary school places for the September 2011 intake.
From September 2011, all reception-aged children are now entitled to start school in September.
Applications can be made via the school admissions page. The site enables parents to search for school information, read OFSTED reports, check admissions criteria and submit applications.
You may also want to watch:
Essex county councillor Stephen Castle, cabinet member for education said: “Choosing the first school for your child can be a daunting process. The admissions page aims to provide you with the tools you need to make an informed application.
“Last year we were able to provide most parents with their preferred school but schools can become oversubscribed so it is important for parents to select a full list of preferences to keep their options open”.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 Medical practice moving this week, and former £1.4m base attracts offer
Early application is encouraged to avoid disappointment, and it is advised to indicate more than one preference and to include priority admissions or catchment schools as a preference.