Essex: Sign up for a great summer experience
FOR all parents with bored teenagers or teenagers who are keen to polish up their CV the National Citizen Service could be the thing to ensure they have a challenging and fun summer.
The service is a free residential and community project scheme aimed at young people who are currently in or have just finished Year 11.
The project is a three week scheme that gives young people the chance to experience outdoor adventure activities, learn leadership skills and teamwork and then finally plan a community project to make a difference in their local community.
Essex County Councillor Stephen Castle, cabinet member for education, said: “The National Citizen Service is rooted in the idea of Big Society and giving something back to your community.
“The young people taking part in the project will have a great time making new friends and trying exciting new activities but then will also be able to put the skills they’ve learnt into practice and demonstrate to the community positive changes that can be made.
You may also want to watch:
�It will also look great on any CV which is so important in today’s competitive job market.”
There are schemes running in Braintree and Chelmsford starting on Friday July 8 but there are only 15 places available on each programme so interested young people are asked to get in touch asap!
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 9 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
Any young person can apply for a place provided they live in Essex and are in Year 11; to find out more call 01245 706862.