Essex: Temporary road works in place on A1060 for highway maintenance
ESSEX County Council is planning to temporarily close a section of the A1060 to enable it to carry out essential highway maintenance works.
The closure is scheduled to start on Sunday (May 19) and last until Thursday May 23, although this may be extended if the works are delayed due to the weather.
It will affect a large stretch of the A1060 from its junction with the B184 (Dunmow Road) in Leaden Roding to its junction with Rainsford Road, Chelmsford.
A signed diversion will direct traffic along an alternative route via Rainsford Road, the A1016 Chelmsford Parkway, Waterhouse Lane, Westway, the A414, the B184 Fyfield Road, Ongar, the B184 Ongar Road and the B184 Dunmow Road, Fyfield, to the A1060 Stortford Road at Leaden Roding and vice versa.
Works will take place at the following times:
You may also want to watch:
• Sunday May 19 – from 8am to 5.30pm
• Monday May 20 to Thursday May 23 – from 8pm to 5am
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
Access for emergency service vehicles and pedestrians will be maintained at times during the closure.
The ECC Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 2013 can be activated at any time in the next 18 months if the works are postponed for any reason.