Essex: Temporary road works in place on A1060 for highway maintenance
ESSEX County Council is planning to temporarily close a section of the A1060 to enable it to carry out essential highway maintenance works.
The closure is scheduled to start on Sunday (May 19) and last until Thursday May 23, although this may be extended if the works are delayed due to the weather.
It will affect a large stretch of the A1060 from its junction with the B184 (Dunmow Road) in Leaden Roding to its junction with Rainsford Road, Chelmsford.
A signed diversion will direct traffic along an alternative route via Rainsford Road, the A1016 Chelmsford Parkway, Waterhouse Lane, Westway, the A414, the B184 Fyfield Road, Ongar, the B184 Ongar Road and the B184 Dunmow Road, Fyfield, to the A1060 Stortford Road at Leaden Roding and vice versa.
Works will take place at the following times:
You may also want to watch:
• Sunday May 19 – from 8am to 5.30pm
• Monday May 20 to Thursday May 23 – from 8pm to 5am
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 3 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
Access for emergency service vehicles and pedestrians will be maintained at times during the closure.
The ECC Temporary Prohibition of Traffic Order 2013 can be activated at any time in the next 18 months if the works are postponed for any reason.