Essex: The history of towns
A fascinating insight into the history of towns is being offered as this year’s lecture series in Clavering.
Organised by the Clavering History Centre, the course of four lectures costs �16 and runs every Thursday throughout October in the evenings.
The tutor is Tony Kirby, a well known Cambridge lecturer who formerly taught history at Anglia Ruskin University.
The subjects include market towns, seaside towns and other aspects of rural towns. No previous knowledge or experience of study is required.
The evenings can be booked separately if preferred. There will also be an outing with a historic tour of a local town.
You may also want to watch:
For further information e-mail email@example.com or ring 01799 550462.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'