Essex: The history of towns
A fascinating insight into the history of towns is being offered as this year’s lecture series in Clavering.
Organised by the Clavering History Centre, the course of four lectures costs �16 and runs every Thursday throughout October in the evenings.
The tutor is Tony Kirby, a well known Cambridge lecturer who formerly taught history at Anglia Ruskin University.
The subjects include market towns, seaside towns and other aspects of rural towns. No previous knowledge or experience of study is required.
The evenings can be booked separately if preferred. There will also be an outing with a historic tour of a local town.
You may also want to watch:
For further information e-mail email@example.com or ring 01799 550462.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 3 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 4 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 5 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 8 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 9 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 10 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book