Essex: The history of towns
A fascinating insight into the history of towns is being offered as this year’s lecture series in Clavering.
Organised by the Clavering History Centre, the course of four lectures costs �16 and runs every Thursday throughout October in the evenings.
The tutor is Tony Kirby, a well known Cambridge lecturer who formerly taught history at Anglia Ruskin University.
The subjects include market towns, seaside towns and other aspects of rural towns. No previous knowledge or experience of study is required.
The evenings can be booked separately if preferred. There will also be an outing with a historic tour of a local town.
You may also want to watch:
For further information e-mail email@example.com or ring 01799 550462.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 10 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months