Essex: The history of towns
A fascinating insight into the history of towns is being offered as this year’s lecture series in Clavering.
Organised by the Clavering History Centre, the course of four lectures costs �16 and runs every Thursday throughout October in the evenings.
The tutor is Tony Kirby, a well known Cambridge lecturer who formerly taught history at Anglia Ruskin University.
The subjects include market towns, seaside towns and other aspects of rural towns. No previous knowledge or experience of study is required.
The evenings can be booked separately if preferred. There will also be an outing with a historic tour of a local town.
You may also want to watch:
For further information e-mail email@example.com or ring 01799 550462.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire