Essex to hold national sensory conference
A NATIONAL conference looking at the challenges and issues facing the sensory arena of social care is to take place near Stansted Airport.
Essex County Council is hosting the event on Friday June 17 at the Radisson Blu Hotel. The conference will look at how forthcoming changes in the health and social care domains will impact on people with sensory needs and what Essex intends to do to enable people to benefit from these changes.
The conference is aimed at service providers, commissioners, policymakers, frontline staff and individuals with sensory needs and registration is now open.
As well as a programme of guest speakers, including representatives from the government and speakers from other independent organisations, delegates will have the opportunity to attend two workshops to learn about and share best practice.
Potential workshops include:
You may also want to watch:
� Shared Space and Transport – what is Essex’s approach to shared space?
� UK Vision and Approach in Essex
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
� Support at time of Diagnosis – importance of patient care
� Rights and Responsibilities – around communication, financial, legal support etc
� GP’s, Health and Social Care of the future.
The conference will run from 9.30am till 4pm and is free to Essex residents with a charge for non-Essex residents. For up to date news and to register a place please visit essex.gov.uk/sensory