Essex town set for biggest firework display ever
IT REALLY will be fireworks this year as Dunmow’s Round Table has gone even bigger and more ambitious with its plans for the town’s Guy Fawkes celebrations.
Saturday November 6 will see the biggest ever display and bonfire and after continued pressure from the public the Recreation Ground event will also include barbeques and hot food stalls.
Round table member Bill Williams said: “We are proud to present the annual fireworks display, and this year the fireworks and bonfire promises to be an even bigger event than in all of the previous years.
“Along with a stunning fireworks display there will be a massive bonfire, music, BBQ, mulled wine, hot chocolate and soft drinks.”
Also for 2010 there will be a best guy competition with prizes being awarded for the best creation. It is open to all and free to enter, just bring along your guy on the night.
You may also want to watch:
The judge will be a well known Dunmow VIP. Cask prizes and goody bags will be awarded.
Mr Williams added: “Please do come along for the best bonfire and fireworks display around and remember all of the money raised is donated straight back into projects that support the local community.
- 1 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 2 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 5 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 6 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 7 Essex recruiting on-call firefighters
- 8 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 9 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 10 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
“We are spending even more on fireworks this year so it is going to be quite a show.”
Gates open at 6.15pm, the bonfire lights at 6.45pm, the display starts at 7.15pm.
Entry is �3 per adult, �2 for the under 16’s. A family ticket (two adults and three children) �10.
Dunmow’s biggest ever bonfire night – Saturday November 6.