Essex: UFOs spotted near Stansted Airport
IF STANSTED does get the go-ahead for an additional second runway there could be a few uninvited guests trying to land on the new stretch of tarmac. Avid photographer John Mayer, 61, from Little Hallingbury, has been out with his camera over recent months
IF STANSTED does get the go-ahead for an additional second runway there could be a few uninvited guests trying to touch down.
Avid photographer John Mayer, 61, from Little Hallingbury, Hertfordshire, has been out with his camera over recent months taking part in his much-loved hobby.
After looking through photographs he had taken of St Mary's Church in Little Hallingbury, he noticed in one some very peculiar shapes in the sky near the Essex airport.
He said: "I have seen 'objects' in the sky over many years and in many different locations which could not be called weather balloons or odd shaped clouds. Yes, there is something unknown in our skies, that much is a fact - about 30 years ago, we had lots of UFO sightings in the village."
You may also want to watch:
The latest picture was taken this month after what Mr Mayer describes as a quiet period of five months.
"It seems to go in fits and starts," he said, "Hatfield Forest is the centre of activity but we seem to get a fair amount of 'overfly' in Little Hallingbury.
- 1 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 2 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 3 Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- 4 Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- 5 Residents and business owners celebrate April 12 reopenings
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Homes plan could join Saffron Walden and Sewards End
- 10 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
"Is it from another world is another question altogether. The abilities of the craft would suggest that they could be and there is no longer any solid reason why they should not be visiting us.
"That however, does not constitute proof that they are from another world and until we know that they are going to remain unidentified.
"Until then we must make our own judgement based on what we do know. I am lead to the view that something is visiting us, mainly due to the performance of these aircraft.
"I happen to think that these are just too advanced to be from our own world and I cannot rule the extraterrestrial hypothesis."
Do you think we are being watched, or are there explanations for such a photo? Get in touch by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Unit G6 Peartree Business Centre, South Road, Harlow, Essex, CM20 2BD.