Essex village gets new pre-school
Clavering and Arkesden Pre-School is relocating to a purpose-built facility within the grounds of Clavering Primary School after it secured a grant from Essex County Council’s Sure Start scheme.
Its new building will be officially unveiled tomorrow (Friday).
Committee chairman Emma Caton, together with pre-school managers Donna Palmer and Nicola Smith, has spent a year making sure the move becomes a reality.
Mrs Caton said: “Everyone involved in the preschool is absolutely thrilled with our new building.
“It provides such a fantastic learning environment with facilities that are perfect for our young children to learn and flourish in.
You may also want to watch:
“The added bonus of now being within the grounds of Clavering Primary School enables us to continue and further extend our strong links and relationship with the school.”
Clavering and Arkesden Pre-school has a long and happy history having been formed by Rosanne Kirkpatrick in 1963.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
Mrs Kirkpatrick who still takes an active interest in the pre-school, will officially open the new building.
“Among the guests attending the opening will be Mrs Kirkpatrick’s daughter Sarah who was one of the first children at the pre-school, while many of the children attending today have parents who themselves were past pre-school pupils,” added Mrs Caton.
For enquiries on admissions to the pre-school contact the managers on 01799 550380.