Essex village gets set to host arts and crafts fair
ASHDON is hosting its third Arts and Crafts Fair on October 3 and 4 – and it promises to be the best yet. Regional and local artists and crafts people will be exhibiting in venues around the village, at the village hall, primary school, All Saints Church,
ASHDON is hosting its third Arts and Crafts Fair on October 3 and 4 - and it promises to be the best yet.
Regional and local artists and crafts people will be exhibiting in venues around the village, at the village hall, primary school, All Saints Church, church rooms and several private studios. All their works will be for sale and commissions can be accepted.
The fair is being organised by the Friends of All Saints Church Ashdon to raise money for the restoration of the church. Support for the previous fairs, annual kite festival and open gardens, as well as other events, has already raised in excess of �60,000.
Refreshments will be available on the day from the village hall and the Ashdon Museum. There is ample car parking and a car shuttle service will operate on church hill.
Tickets for the whole weekend are �2.50 with children free. The fair opens daily from 10am to 5pm.
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 8 Essex drink driving figures revealed as police launch Christmas crackdown
- 9 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 10 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes