Essex village gets set to host arts and crafts fair
ASHDON is hosting its third Arts and Crafts Fair on October 3 and 4 – and it promises to be the best yet. Regional and local artists and crafts people will be exhibiting in venues around the village, at the village hall, primary school, All Saints Church,
ASHDON is hosting its third Arts and Crafts Fair on October 3 and 4 - and it promises to be the best yet.
Regional and local artists and crafts people will be exhibiting in venues around the village, at the village hall, primary school, All Saints Church, church rooms and several private studios. All their works will be for sale and commissions can be accepted.
The fair is being organised by the Friends of All Saints Church Ashdon to raise money for the restoration of the church. Support for the previous fairs, annual kite festival and open gardens, as well as other events, has already raised in excess of �60,000.
Refreshments will be available on the day from the village hall and the Ashdon Museum. There is ample car parking and a car shuttle service will operate on church hill.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the whole weekend are �2.50 with children free. The fair opens daily from 10am to 5pm.
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 3 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 4 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 5 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 6 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 7 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 8 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 9 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 10 Cam Valley to broadcast a special Mother's Day service