Essex village gets set to host arts and crafts fair
ASHDON is hosting its third Arts and Crafts Fair on October 3 and 4 – and it promises to be the best yet. Regional and local artists and crafts people will be exhibiting in venues around the village, at the village hall, primary school, All Saints Church,
ASHDON is hosting its third Arts and Crafts Fair on October 3 and 4 - and it promises to be the best yet.
Regional and local artists and crafts people will be exhibiting in venues around the village, at the village hall, primary school, All Saints Church, church rooms and several private studios. All their works will be for sale and commissions can be accepted.
The fair is being organised by the Friends of All Saints Church Ashdon to raise money for the restoration of the church. Support for the previous fairs, annual kite festival and open gardens, as well as other events, has already raised in excess of �60,000.
Refreshments will be available on the day from the village hall and the Ashdon Museum. There is ample car parking and a car shuttle service will operate on church hill.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets for the whole weekend are �2.50 with children free. The fair opens daily from 10am to 5pm.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing