Essex village shop staff members tied up as robbers steal thousands of pounds in morning raid
- Credit: Archant
Two shopkeepers were tied up in an Essex village shop this morning (Tuesday) as robbers stole thousands of pounds.
Officers were called to the One Stop shop in Robin Hood Road, Elsenham, shortly after 6.10am after three people threatened two staff members – a 21-year-old man and a 25-year-old woman – before tying them up.
The robbers took the four figure sum of cash before leaving through the front door and getting into a white Ford Transit van.
The victims were not hurt, but were left shaken.
One of the suspects was described as Asian and the other two as black. All three wore balaclavas and woolly hats. Two of them wore green trousers and the other wore light blue jeans.
You may also want to watch:
INFORMATION: Witnesses or anyone with information are asked to contact Braintree CID on 101. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 4 New Stansted business park could support more than 3,000 jobs
- 5 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 6 Remembrance parade will take place, says town council
- 7 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 8 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 9 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?