Essex windmill restoration project gets �8000 boost
FUNDING for the restoration of Thaxted windmill have been given a boost thanks to an �8000 grant.
Around �54,000 is needed for repairs to the sails of the famous building which suffered damage on Easter Monday last year.
The significant grant from Essex Environment Trust will go some way to aiding the project.
Secretary of the Thaxted Windmill Restoration Trust board, Len Farren, said: “We are delighted with the support of Essex Environment Trust, and we hope that all of the funding will be completed shortly.”
Essex Environment Trust announced this week that it has agreed funding of over �171,000 for 24 projects across the county including churches, village halls and historic buildings.
You may also want to watch:
Newport St Mary the Virgin Church also benefited, receiving �5729. Friends of the church are midway through a project to raise �226,000 for major improvements to the historic venue.
For more information about Essex Environment Trust and its policies see essexenvironmenttrust.org.uk
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results