Essex windmill restoration project gets �8000 boost
FUNDING for the restoration of Thaxted windmill have been given a boost thanks to an �8000 grant.
Around �54,000 is needed for repairs to the sails of the famous building which suffered damage on Easter Monday last year.
The significant grant from Essex Environment Trust will go some way to aiding the project.
Secretary of the Thaxted Windmill Restoration Trust board, Len Farren, said: “We are delighted with the support of Essex Environment Trust, and we hope that all of the funding will be completed shortly.”
Essex Environment Trust announced this week that it has agreed funding of over �171,000 for 24 projects across the county including churches, village halls and historic buildings.
You may also want to watch:
Newport St Mary the Virgin Church also benefited, receiving �5729. Friends of the church are midway through a project to raise �226,000 for major improvements to the historic venue.
For more information about Essex Environment Trust and its policies see essexenvironmenttrust.org.uk
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 8 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir