Essex Young Musician of the Year is open for entries
- Credit: Essex Young Musician of the Year Competition
The 2021 Essex Young Musician of the Year Competition is open and looking for entries.
This year marks the 37th contest, which aims to support and encourage young musicians of talent and potential.
The competition is open to instrumentalists and singers, aged 26 or under on July 4. Unfortunately, organists are unable to take part.
Participants need to have been born in Essex including the old Essex towns of Ilford, Wanstead and Woodford, have a home address in Essex, or attend or have attended school or college in Essex. The closing date for entries is May 31.
First prize is for £1,000, a cup for a year and a recital engagement. There are additional prizes, including two for under 19s who have given the most outstanding performances in their age group.
You may also want to watch:
Applications should be made online through the website www.ongarmusicclub.org.uk
- 1 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 2 High Street shop staff will 'miss Saffron Walden community'
- 3 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 4 Summer holiday catch-up classes among ideas being raised
- 5 Boy, five, who could wave cancer goodbye this year dances with twin brother
- 6 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 7 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
- 8 Telephone exchange fetches nearly £100,000 at auction
- 9 Uttlesford sees sharp fall in Covid-19 infections
- 10 Boots suffers perfumes theft and damage to doors