Estate agents pledges 20 helpers for charity
INTERCOUNTY is one of the area’s best-known high street names in estate agency and has always supported local causes, from school fetes to gala dinners.
This year the company celebrates 20 years of business, and they will mark the occasion by asking charities within the communities they serve to get in contact and ask for help.
Bosses are pledging 20 estate agents for a days fundraising for 20 good causes to do support work or promotion.
Over the last 20 years Intercounty has gone from strength to strength, from a small office above a sweet shop in Saffron Walden to 27 offices from Harlow in Essex to Haxby in Yorkshire.
Directors Jon Cooke and Greg Young still continue to live close to where the company started and they are proud to continue ensuring that their business recognises its role within the community to support charities and help promote and develop local initiatives.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Young said: “At Intercounty we have not lost sight of the fact that in today’s society, it is becoming more and more important to support local communities.
“We believe that, as well as ensuring integrity in our day to day business and caring for our customers, we must keep in touch with the needs and aspirations of the broader community.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 9 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 10 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
“This year we plan to raise �20,000 for the homeless and we have challenged all our branches to offer members of staff, for one day, to a local charity.
“We will meet the cost of their pay and help in other ways that we can to ensure the chosen cause gets the very best from all our colleagues at Intercounty.”
He added: “We have always put community ventures at the centre of our business and if you are a charity all you have to do is just ask and grab yourself an estate agent for the day.”
For more information visit intercounty.co.uk or call 01799 522641.