Estate agents pledges 20 helpers for charity
INTERCOUNTY is one of the area’s best-known high street names in estate agency and has always supported local causes, from school fetes to gala dinners.
This year the company celebrates 20 years of business, and they will mark the occasion by asking charities within the communities they serve to get in contact and ask for help.
Bosses are pledging 20 estate agents for a days fundraising for 20 good causes to do support work or promotion.
Over the last 20 years Intercounty has gone from strength to strength, from a small office above a sweet shop in Saffron Walden to 27 offices from Harlow in Essex to Haxby in Yorkshire.
Directors Jon Cooke and Greg Young still continue to live close to where the company started and they are proud to continue ensuring that their business recognises its role within the community to support charities and help promote and develop local initiatives.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Young said: “At Intercounty we have not lost sight of the fact that in today’s society, it is becoming more and more important to support local communities.
“We believe that, as well as ensuring integrity in our day to day business and caring for our customers, we must keep in touch with the needs and aspirations of the broader community.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 10 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
“This year we plan to raise �20,000 for the homeless and we have challenged all our branches to offer members of staff, for one day, to a local charity.
“We will meet the cost of their pay and help in other ways that we can to ensure the chosen cause gets the very best from all our colleagues at Intercounty.”
He added: “We have always put community ventures at the centre of our business and if you are a charity all you have to do is just ask and grab yourself an estate agent for the day.”
For more information visit intercounty.co.uk or call 01799 522641.