Estate agents pledges 20 helpers for charity
INTERCOUNTY is one of the area’s best-known high street names in estate agency and has always supported local causes, from school fetes to gala dinners.
This year the company celebrates 20 years of business, and they will mark the occasion by asking charities within the communities they serve to get in contact and ask for help.
Bosses are pledging 20 estate agents for a days fundraising for 20 good causes to do support work or promotion.
Over the last 20 years Intercounty has gone from strength to strength, from a small office above a sweet shop in Saffron Walden to 27 offices from Harlow in Essex to Haxby in Yorkshire.
Directors Jon Cooke and Greg Young still continue to live close to where the company started and they are proud to continue ensuring that their business recognises its role within the community to support charities and help promote and develop local initiatives.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Young said: “At Intercounty we have not lost sight of the fact that in today’s society, it is becoming more and more important to support local communities.
“We believe that, as well as ensuring integrity in our day to day business and caring for our customers, we must keep in touch with the needs and aspirations of the broader community.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 7 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 8 Dozens of illegal fishing nets and traps seized during pandemic
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
“This year we plan to raise �20,000 for the homeless and we have challenged all our branches to offer members of staff, for one day, to a local charity.
“We will meet the cost of their pay and help in other ways that we can to ensure the chosen cause gets the very best from all our colleagues at Intercounty.”
He added: “We have always put community ventures at the centre of our business and if you are a charity all you have to do is just ask and grab yourself an estate agent for the day.”
For more information visit intercounty.co.uk or call 01799 522641.