Euro election results
THE political representation for the Eastern region in Europe remains unchanged following the election count on Sunday. Labour MEP Richard Howitt hung on to his seat despite seeing a drop in the overall percentage of the vote received by his party. The Gr
THE political representation for the Eastern region in Europe remains unchanged following the election count on Sunday.
Labour MEP Richard Howitt hung on to his seat despite seeing a drop in the overall percentage of the vote received by his party.
The Green Party came closest to disrupting the political balance by polling more than 140,000 votes - about 26,000 less than Labour.
The count for the Eastern region was held in the St Ivo Leisure Centre in St Ives and seven MEPs were elected to the European Parliament.
You may also want to watch:
Less than half of the total electorate in the Easton region turned out to vote in the European elections.
The Easton region's seven MEPs are:
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden
- 10 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
Geoffrey Van Orden (Con)
Robert Sturdy (Con)
Vicky Ford (Con)
David Campbell Bannerman (UKIP)
John Agnew (UKIP)
Andrew Duff (Lib Dem)
Richard Howitt (Lab)
Animals Count: 13,201
British National Party: 97,013
Christian Party: 24,646
Conservative Party: 500,331
English Democrats Party: 32,211
Jury Team: 6354
Liberal Democrats: 221,235
No 2 EU: Yes to Democracy: 13,939
Socialist Labour Party: 13,599
The Green Party: 141,016
The Labour Party: 167,833
United Kingdom First: 38,185
United Kingdom Independence Party: 313,921
Peter Rigby (Independent): 9916