Even more fun as Littlebury combines fete and fun day
LITTLEBURY has gained quite a reputation as a village that knows how to organise great events and have fun.
Most of the village turned out for the recent Royal Wedding Street Party, and the organisers of this year’s newly combined Fete and Fun Day are hoping for a repeat performance of that great community spirit on Sunday (June 26).
There’s plenty of space at Littlebury Recreation Ground for traditional stalls as well as games and competitions, including spacehopper and wheelbarrow races, tombolas, coconut shy, beat the goalie, bric-a-brac, face painting, ‘soaked in the stocks’, Zumba and much more. There is plenty of parking and admission is free.
A barbecue will be available from the start of the event at 12.30pm. You could wash it down with a glass of Pimms or a beer, and finish off with strawberries and cream, or a home-made cake with a cup of tea.
The festivities will draw to a close at 3.30pm, but if the weather is good, why not let the children enjoy the playground while you and your friends linger over a drink or an ice cream?
You may also want to watch:
In a slightly unusual twist, there will be no service at Holy Trinity Church that morning, but at 12noon Rev Chris Warren will conduct a short, informal service in the tea tent instead.
The proceeds from the fete will help foot the bill for a new heating system in the church, which is desperately needed, and will make the church a warmer, more welcoming space for the use of the community.
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 6 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
For more information contact Louise Johnson on 01799 522999, or e-mail email@example.com