Events planned to help stamp out anti-social behaviour in Saffron Walden and Dunmow
PEOPLE in Uttlesford are taking part in a week of community action against crime and anti-social behaviour. Not in My Neighbourhood Week, running from November 2 to 6, is intended to promote better understanding of the work being undertaken by Essex Polic
PEOPLE in Uttlesford are taking part in a week of community action against crime and anti-social behaviour.
Not in My Neighbourhood Week, running from November 2 to 6, is intended to promote better understanding of the work being undertaken by Essex Police.
There will be two major events in Uttlesford where members of the public can meet the Not In My Neighbourhood Team.
On Tuesday November 3, the team will be in Saffron Walden Market Square, from 10am to 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
And on Wednesday November 4, the team moves to the area outside Tesco in Dunmow, also from 10am to 5pm.
Sgt Lindsay Beckman from Saffron Walden Police Station said: "We're showcasing all the excellent work that's taken place across the district in the past year, and running Operation Spice as part of the week.
- 1 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 2 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 3 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 4 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 5 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 6 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 7 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 8 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 9 Saffron Striders celebrate achievements in challenging season
- 10 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
"Please do come along - there'll be plenty of valuable information and advice, with our Crime Reduction Adviser Peter Caulfield in attendance, and members of our Neighbourhood Watch groups on hand to offer you the chance to join up."
At the heart of Operation Spice is the concept of Safer Doorstep Areas and Neighbourhood Watch's Nominated Friend scheme.
If you have a vulnerable or elderly relative who would benefit from a visit, please email: SaferDoorstep@essex.pnn.police.uk or contact Saffron Walden Police Station on 0300 333 4444 ext 65320.
For more information on Operation Spice and how to protect yourself or your loved ones from distraction burglars, please call Sgt Beckman or Uttlesford district Essex Watch administrator, Lindsay Baillie, on 0300 333 4444 ext 65431 / 65835.