Experience the adrenaline of karting for St Clare
- Credit: Richfoto
IF this weekend’s Formula 1 Grand Prix has unleashed your inner quest to be a racing driver, then St Clare Hospice’s latest fundraising event could fuel your ambitions.
We’ve organised a karting event at Rye House stadium - where Lewis Hamilton used to practice - where teams of between 2 and 5 players can battle it out to be the winner of the St Clare trophy.
The event takes place on Friday July 19, adding to the start-of-summer excitement as that’s the day that many schools break up for the six-week holidays.
St Clare’s corporate fundraiser Brooke Stacey said: “Many firms are looking for something different to do as a social event with their employees this summer and we really hope they will consider taking part in this and raising money for St Clare Hospice.
“Of course it doesn’t have to be company outings – any groups of friends or family are welcome, so long as everyone is 16 or over…and you don’t even need to have a driving licence to take part.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve negotiated a great rate with Rye House which has a wealth of experience of organising these types of afternoons, with prizes for the fastest team, plus fun penalties too.
“Everyone gets a full briefing beforehand, as well as kitted out in racewear, plenty of time on the track, then plenty of time in the bar after for post-race banter!”
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 3 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Medical practice moving this week, and former £1.4m base attracts offer
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
The cost per team is £350 for up to five drivers and St Clare Hospice is hoping at least 15 teams will be taking part, helping raise almost £5,000.
To find out more, click on to stclarehospice.org.uk/Karting1.html or call 01279 773750.