Experience the adrenaline of karting for St Clare
- Credit: Richfoto
IF this weekend’s Formula 1 Grand Prix has unleashed your inner quest to be a racing driver, then St Clare Hospice’s latest fundraising event could fuel your ambitions.
We’ve organised a karting event at Rye House stadium - where Lewis Hamilton used to practice - where teams of between 2 and 5 players can battle it out to be the winner of the St Clare trophy.
The event takes place on Friday July 19, adding to the start-of-summer excitement as that’s the day that many schools break up for the six-week holidays.
St Clare’s corporate fundraiser Brooke Stacey said: “Many firms are looking for something different to do as a social event with their employees this summer and we really hope they will consider taking part in this and raising money for St Clare Hospice.
“Of course it doesn’t have to be company outings – any groups of friends or family are welcome, so long as everyone is 16 or over…and you don’t even need to have a driving licence to take part.
“We’ve negotiated a great rate with Rye House which has a wealth of experience of organising these types of afternoons, with prizes for the fastest team, plus fun penalties too.
“Everyone gets a full briefing beforehand, as well as kitted out in racewear, plenty of time on the track, then plenty of time in the bar after for post-race banter!”
- 1 Essex A-level results 2022: Students celebrate grades
- 2 Essex fire crews tackle around 70 incidents in three-hour window after rain
- 3 Celebrity MasterChef 2022: Saffron Walden's Cliff Parisi battles Chris Eubank in kitchen contest
- 4 Newport man vows to protect river after round the world sailing trip
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 MP welcomes increase in police officers across Essex
- 8 Sully, 12, cuts hair for charity after Greggs-inspired outfit goes viral
- 9 Mischief Theatre's The Play That Goes Wrong will have you crying with laughter
- 10 Dance in the Square heading to Saffron Walden
The cost per team is £350 for up to five drivers and St Clare Hospice is hoping at least 15 teams will be taking part, helping raise almost £5,000.
To find out more, click on to stclarehospice.org.uk/Karting1.html or call 01279 773750.