Experience the adrenaline of karting for St Clare
- Credit: Richfoto
IF this weekend’s Formula 1 Grand Prix has unleashed your inner quest to be a racing driver, then St Clare Hospice’s latest fundraising event could fuel your ambitions.
We’ve organised a karting event at Rye House stadium - where Lewis Hamilton used to practice - where teams of between 2 and 5 players can battle it out to be the winner of the St Clare trophy.
The event takes place on Friday July 19, adding to the start-of-summer excitement as that’s the day that many schools break up for the six-week holidays.
St Clare’s corporate fundraiser Brooke Stacey said: “Many firms are looking for something different to do as a social event with their employees this summer and we really hope they will consider taking part in this and raising money for St Clare Hospice.
“Of course it doesn’t have to be company outings – any groups of friends or family are welcome, so long as everyone is 16 or over…and you don’t even need to have a driving licence to take part.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve negotiated a great rate with Rye House which has a wealth of experience of organising these types of afternoons, with prizes for the fastest team, plus fun penalties too.
“Everyone gets a full briefing beforehand, as well as kitted out in racewear, plenty of time on the track, then plenty of time in the bar after for post-race banter!”
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Stations benefit from funding
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 9 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
The cost per team is £350 for up to five drivers and St Clare Hospice is hoping at least 15 teams will be taking part, helping raise almost £5,000.
To find out more, click on to stclarehospice.org.uk/Karting1.html or call 01279 773750.