Extra-super Superstition to perform charity gig in Thaxted
AN eight-piece soul band featuring musicians from London’s West End shows will perform a one-off charity night in Thaxted.
Superstition have performed throughout the UK in 2011 but will be finishing off the year with their fourth performance at Bolford Street Hall on Saturday November 19 at 8pm.
This year the band, along with the event organisers, Parrishes Restaurant and Wine Bar, have decided to donate the proceeds to Addenbrooke’s Kidney Patients Association.
Saxophonist and band manager Julian Landymore said: “Our front man and lead vocalist, Adrian Weaver who lives in Thaxted, has suffered from a kidney disease since he was 10-years-old and has two kidney transplants.
“The first transplant was from his brother Paul back in 1992 but owing to a bout of severe rejection the transplant lasted only three-and-a-half years. Adrian’s second transplant was in 2001, just before he joined the band, and to date everything seems to be fine!”
You may also want to watch:
The band’s repertoire on the night will be a real mix of songs spanning six decades including hits by Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Fankie Valli and the Four Seasons.
“It’s always a great night with a fantastic atmosphere from the start,” added Mr Landymore.
- 1 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 2 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 5 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 8 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 9 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 10 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
Other band members are Saffron Walden resident Steve Hynes (drums and percussion), Charles Landymore (bass guitar),Colin Medlock (lead/rhythm guitar), Greg Chapman (keyboards), Nick Wells (trombone) and Paul Garner (trumpet).
Some members of Superstition have, or are currently, performing in London’s West End shows including The Lion King, Mamma Mia and Billy Elliot.
There will be a licensed bar on the night. For tickets – which are priced at �10 – and further information contact Parrishes in Town Street, Thaxted, by calling 01371 830482 or e-mail email@example.com