Extra-super Superstition to perform charity gig in Thaxted
AN eight-piece soul band featuring musicians from London’s West End shows will perform a one-off charity night in Thaxted.
Superstition have performed throughout the UK in 2011 but will be finishing off the year with their fourth performance at Bolford Street Hall on Saturday November 19 at 8pm.
This year the band, along with the event organisers, Parrishes Restaurant and Wine Bar, have decided to donate the proceeds to Addenbrooke’s Kidney Patients Association.
Saxophonist and band manager Julian Landymore said: “Our front man and lead vocalist, Adrian Weaver who lives in Thaxted, has suffered from a kidney disease since he was 10-years-old and has two kidney transplants.
“The first transplant was from his brother Paul back in 1992 but owing to a bout of severe rejection the transplant lasted only three-and-a-half years. Adrian’s second transplant was in 2001, just before he joined the band, and to date everything seems to be fine!”
You may also want to watch:
The band’s repertoire on the night will be a real mix of songs spanning six decades including hits by Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Fankie Valli and the Four Seasons.
“It’s always a great night with a fantastic atmosphere from the start,” added Mr Landymore.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation
- 7 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
Other band members are Saffron Walden resident Steve Hynes (drums and percussion), Charles Landymore (bass guitar),Colin Medlock (lead/rhythm guitar), Greg Chapman (keyboards), Nick Wells (trombone) and Paul Garner (trumpet).
Some members of Superstition have, or are currently, performing in London’s West End shows including The Lion King, Mamma Mia and Billy Elliot.
There will be a licensed bar on the night. For tickets – which are priced at �10 – and further information contact Parrishes in Town Street, Thaxted, by calling 01371 830482 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org