F1 team will return to Duxford
A FORMULA One racing team will continue testing their 2009 championship car at the Imperial War Museum (IWM), Duxford, on Wednesday. Grand Prix team ING Renault started using the museum s runway to test the aerodynamics of their 200mph car last week. A mu
A FORMULA One racing team will continue testing their 2009 championship car at the Imperial War Museum (IWM), Duxford, on Wednesday.
Grand Prix team ING Renault started using the museum's runway to test the aerodynamics of their 200mph car last week.
A museum spokesman said: "The quality of IWM Duxford's runway offers the ING Renault F1 Team the perfect logistical site on which to carry out its aero tests with its 2009 challenger, the R29."
The purpose of the Grand Prix team's testing is to optimise the aerodynamics of their car and to extract maximum performance from the new aero regulations.
You may also want to watch:
The car being tested is an identical model to the one that Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet will race at the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend. With a top speed of 210mph, the R29 is capable of accelerating from 0-60mph in less than two seconds.
On Wednesday (May 27), the ING Renault F1 Team will conduct its next aero test on the runway. Visitors to IWM Duxford will be able to catch a glimpse of the car in action as the team completes a number of straight-line runs.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event