F1 team will return to Duxford
A FORMULA One racing team will continue testing their 2009 championship car at the Imperial War Museum (IWM), Duxford, on Wednesday. Grand Prix team ING Renault started using the museum s runway to test the aerodynamics of their 200mph car last week. A mu
A FORMULA One racing team will continue testing their 2009 championship car at the Imperial War Museum (IWM), Duxford, on Wednesday.
Grand Prix team ING Renault started using the museum's runway to test the aerodynamics of their 200mph car last week.
A museum spokesman said: "The quality of IWM Duxford's runway offers the ING Renault F1 Team the perfect logistical site on which to carry out its aero tests with its 2009 challenger, the R29."
The purpose of the Grand Prix team's testing is to optimise the aerodynamics of their car and to extract maximum performance from the new aero regulations.
You may also want to watch:
The car being tested is an identical model to the one that Fernando Alonso and Nelson Piquet will race at the Monaco Grand Prix this weekend. With a top speed of 210mph, the R29 is capable of accelerating from 0-60mph in less than two seconds.
On Wednesday (May 27), the ING Renault F1 Team will conduct its next aero test on the runway. Visitors to IWM Duxford will be able to catch a glimpse of the car in action as the team completes a number of straight-line runs.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
- 10 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out