Family injured in Stansted Airport terminal crash
A FAMILY was hit by a car as they were unloading luggage outside the terminal at Stansted Airport on Monday. Five women were taken to hospital following the accident involving a 68-year-old grandmother and members of her family. The ambulance service was
A FAMILY was hit by a car as they were unloading luggage outside the terminal at Stansted Airport on Monday.
Five women were taken to hospital following the accident involving a 68-year-old grandmother and members of her family.
The ambulance service was called to the scene at just after 7.50pm. Fire and police officers, and the airport duty management team were also in attendance.
Ann Trow from the East of England Ambulance Service said: "An elderly male driver collided with the family as they were unloading their luggage from a taxi. The grandmother and her sister, two daughters and granddaughter ranged in age from 19 to 68, and were due to fly home to Dublin.
You may also want to watch:
"Given the scene that we saw, we were surprised we were dealing with relatively minor injuries. All were taken to Princess Alexandra Hospital, Harlow, with various injuries including cuts, bumps, bruising, and possible arm fractures but none were thought to be in a serious condition and were all able to walk into the ambulances.
"The driver of the car was also taken to hospital with concern for his condition although he was not injured.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert