Family to embark on London to Italy cycle ride for Cystic Fibrosis charity
- Credit: Archant
Two brothers will enjoy a spectacular vista of the Alps when they take on a 934-mile cycling challenge from London to Italy.
Joe and Ollie Bennett, 17, are also being joined by their uncle, Martin Graham, 52, and two cousins, Harry, 23, and Jack Graham, 20, on the charity bike ride from Kennington to Acqui Terme.
The family endeavour is all to raise money in support of Cystic Fibrosis Trust and Swings and Smiles, a charity for children with special needs.
Joe, 19, who like is brother is from Saffron Walden, said: “I’m extremely excited for the trip but intimidated by the alps climb which will be tough but as whole a great experience.”
The group is due to leave this week and hope to finish the challenge on August 10. They will be travelling through France, Germany, Luxemburg, Switzerland and finally into Italy.
You may also want to watch:
Titled the GGiro, the brothers have created a website – ggiro.com – where people can get more information about the fundraising trek.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital